Are you interested in a permanent, full time, union-represented engineering position within an innovative team oriented environment in downtown Portland? Are you seeking a stable position with a comprehensive benefits package including 37 days of paid time off each year, 95% employer funded premium healthcare, 100% employer funded retirement plan, and 70% off of tuition for you, dependent children, and your spouse or domestic partner? Then look no further!
PSU's Capital Projects & Construction department is hiring an Electrical Engineer to provide design and project management services for a wide range of electrical projects with various budget types on campus. The Electrical Engineer investigates and prepares construction documents and related reports for complex engineering design feasibility studies and investigations, and oversees third party engineering consultants.
This position supports other project managers, consults with staff on the development of new facilities, and participates in selecting consultants by reviewing and approving designs and administering contracts for project implementation. In addition to project management and electrical design, this position also works with staff on all program related issues which requires writing status reports, reviewing electrical safety programs, and effective records maintenance. Other primary duties include closely monitoring campus facilities to identify operations and maintenance needs or capital investment projects, and recommending improvements to update existing facilities.
The ideal candidate will be safety-minded, have a strong sense of initiative and organizational skills, and a highly collaborative person who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please consider applying today!
* A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a Professional Engineering License (PE).
* Five years of design experience on building, facilities and central plant electrical systems of 120V up to 12.47 kV or greater.
* Two years project management experience.
* Experience using Autocad, Revit, & Navisworks software to design and modify electrical drawings.
* Experience using Easy Power Software or a similar software.
* Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
* Exceptional organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
* Ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-directed.
* Ability to inspect work projects on-site, using ladders, negotiating physical obstacles on job sites which may involve bending, stooping, climbing ladders and stepping over physical obstructions such as mechanical and electrical equipment or construction materials.
* Experience designing for fire alarm, data, and other low voltage systems.
* Construction management experience.
* LEED building certification, or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
Located in Portland, Oregon, one of the nation's most livable cities, the University's innovative approach to education combines academic rigor in the classroom with field-based experiences through internships and classroom projects with community partners. The University's 49-acre downtown campus exhibits Portland State's commitment to sustainability with green buildings, while many of the 124 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees incorporate sustainability into the curriculum. PSU's motto, "Let Knowledge Serve the City," inspires the teaching and research of an accomplished faculty whose work and students span the globe. PSU seeks talented individuals who understand our values and strategic goals and enjoy sharing ideas and collaborating in an environment of mutual respect to achieve those values and goals. We are committed to leading through engagement and seek individuals who support this strategy. Engagement describes Portland State's collaborative approach to the exchange of knowledge and resources with local, regional, national, and global partners for mutual benefit of students, faculty, and the community. As a component of the Diversity Action Plan and the President's... Strategic Mission of achieving global excellence, Portland State University strives to become an institution that is recognized nationally and internationally for the accomplishments of its faculty, the reputation of its programs, and the preparation of it students as world citizens. For more information visit http://www.pdx.edu/about-portland-state