Responsible for assistance in day-to-day operation of the automotive emissions lab for the purpose of completing chassis dyno certification testing for SEMA members, including iterative testing for product design purposes and those required for CARB Executive Orders. Primary responsibility involves the safe driving of vehicles for testing and mileage accumulation purposes. Must have a clean driving record and be able to operate all types of light and medium duty vehicles (up to 1-ton dually pickup trucks). Must be willing to learn how to perform driving cycles on a dynamometer for FTP, US06 and SC03 drive traces and mileage accumulation. Driver will be responsible for preparation of vehicles for testing and performing test duties under the direction of the Lab Manager or assigned supervisor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY
1.The Emissions Lab Driver work schedule is Monday – Friday, for an 8 hour shift between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
2. The Driver will be the primary driver for all test vehicles that require mileage accumulation or miscellaneous transportation.
3. The Driver will learn to perform regular driving cycles on dynamometer under the direction of the Lab Manager
4. The Driver will be responsible for mileage accumulation driving on a specific street route or chassis dynamometer.
5. The Driver must be willing to be trained in other lab duties such as fuel drain and fill, OBD reporting and canister loading.
6. Must maintain a clean driving record.
7. Other duties may be assigned based on company and department needs.
1. Reports to Lab Manager and Emissions Lab Supervisor(s)
2. Interacts with SEMA Members
3. Interacts with all levels of staff
PRIMARY SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
1. Minimum California Class C Driver’s License required and a clean driving record
2. Ability to operate both automatic and manual transmission vehicles up to 1-ton dually pickup trucks
3. General automotive knowledge a plus
4. Dedicated to the importance of maintaining complete transparency with SEMA staff, insofar as possible bias toward the Association or its member companies could be perceived.
A love for cars, trucks and SUVs is the motivating force behind the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA). This trade association consists of a diverse group of manufacturers, distributors, retailers, publishing companies, auto restorers, street-rod builders, restylers, car clubs, race teams and more. Our organization performs many services for its members and for the hobby as a whole. Perhaps most importantly, SEMA works hard to protect consumers’ rights to drive accessorized, customized and vintage vehicles. Every year, SEMA also presents an enormous trade show in Las Vegas. This is where manufacturers unveil their latest offerings, while buyers, distributors and members of the press walk their feet off to see it all. Visit SEMAShow.com for more information.
BACK TO TOP
Construction Careers is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AGC has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at Construction Careers.
For more information or technical assistance, please call