Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a world-renowned scientific research and education organization located on the North Shore of Long Island, is seeking a motivated Project Manager to join our Facilities Department. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the successful planning and execution of multiple projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost to deliver specified requirements and achieve stakeholder satisfaction. This entails managing project dependencies, stakeholder relationships, ensures timely and effective communication with the project team. Ensures projects are completed within committed time and budget and are integrated with other business and related projects.
JOBRESPONSIBILITIESINCLUDE (but not limited to):
· Discovery, scoping, specifying, estimating, bidding, negotiations, implementation, management and close out of various capital and construction projects.
· Inspect for quality performance of various capital and construction projects.
· Oversight of day to day construction activities including coordinating work, subcontractors, materials management, and operations.
· Manage performance of architects, consultants, contractors, engineers, and other project specialist.
· Ensure project delivery adheres to approved design, budget and schedule.
· Serve as primary point of contact with building inspectors, contractors, suppliers and CSHL staff for various capital and construction projects.
· Manage the permitting process of various capital and construction projects.
· Ensure capital and construction projects are managed and in compliance with all regulatory agencies.
· Develop and report to Facilities Department leadership on project deliverables.
· Prepare scope of work and/or develop Requests for Proposals of Bid Solicitations as per the CSHL Policies and Procedures.
· Develop and manage appropriate contracts with architects, contractors, engineers, vendors, etc. as it relates to the scope of work for capital and construction projects.
· Manage and process invoices from architects, contractors, engineers, vendors, etc.
· Participate in and lead various stakeholder group meetings to determine project goals, scopes, functional requirements and desired outcomes.
· Manage various administrative activities including follow up, schedule tracking, product research, maintaining project files and vendor sourcing/vetting.
· Coordinate project closeout including Identify punch list items to correction, obtain as-built drawings, facilitate Facilities Department Operations staff training, participate in building inspections, fire alarm sign-offs, and certificate of occupancy.
· Fully utilize the Procore project management tool utilized by CSHL.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITIONREQUIREMENTSINCLUDE (but not limited to):
· Certified construction manager and/or bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or construction management or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 5+ years of experience managing institutional healthcare, research, education, or multifamily, MEP and/or infrastructure capital projects.
· Knowledge of institutional healthcare, research, education, or multifamily, MEP and/or infrastructure capital projects.
· Demonstrated experience managing the process of planning, design and construction projects through completion and occupancy.
· Demonstrated experience negotiating contracts, change orders, and close-out procedures.
· Must know how to read construction documents and have general knowledge of New York State building codes, NFPA, and other authorities having jurisdiction.
· Proven ability to schedule and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills with the ability to work on multiple capital projects at once.
· Motivated self-starter and works well in a collaborative environment.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well in oral and written formats.
Founded in 1890, CSHL has helped shape contemporary biomedical research and education with today’s research endeavors encompassing cancer, neuroscience, plant biology and quantitative biology. CSHL is a private, not-for-profit institution in New York and has been home to eight Nobel Prize winners. Today, CSHL’s multidisciplinary scientific community is bolstered by more than 600 researchers and its Scientific Meetings & Courses Program, which hosts more than 9,000 scientists from around the world each year on its campus.
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at www.cshl.edu
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Internal Number: 01557-A
About Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Since 1890, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) has been a global leader in research and education. The international scientific community at CSHL provides a unique and stimulating atmosphere for doctoral research?an environment where students, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty work side-by-side. The Watson School of Biological Sciences (WSBS) was founded on the belief that with well thought-out mechanisms, enthusiastic involvement of faculty, and highly motivated students, an innovative curriculum could be provided that would allow students to earn a doctoral degree in a shorter time than in traditional programs without compromising the quality of their training. The curriculum is designed to train students to become scholars and independent thinkers.