Provide oversight and management of construction projects either through direct project management for smaller projects or supporting third party owners representatives consultants for large strategic projects. Develop and implement contract documents to ensure risk management of ongoing projects in a Healthcare environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Oversee the construction and renovation of approved building projects across the organization.
2. Provide initial project reviews (Precon) for potential projects and develop timeline and budget estimates for activities. Incorporate user group feedback and ensure scope of project deliverable aligns with user group needs.
3. Provide leadership and direction to the team, including on-boarding, training reviews, performance management, delegating, and distributing job assignments, and maintaining a positive and professional work environment. This role will lead with Vail Health Values by communicating constructively with team members, identifying departmental and interdepartmental problems and resolving conflicts appropriately.
4. Track the progress of ongoing projects and report to department leadership on timeline and budget challenges.
5. Manage contractors and project coordinators on a daily basis to ensure an efficient risk managed approach to project execution. Work with design teams to ensure all projects meet relevant federal, state, and local codes.
6. Develop and execute contract documents for projects and ensure deliverables are achieved.
7. Review work tasking for employees and ensure proper team utilization. Help develop metrics to track team productivity.
8. Coordinate project deliverables within the facilities department to ensure proper record keeping and compliance standards are maintained.
9. Develop and supervise the execution of work tasks related to projects.
10. Ensure all work tasking within the department is managed to appropriate policy requirements (ie a MOPs, ICRAs, ILSMs, etc).
11. Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
12. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
10 yearsa construction experience required
2 yearsa construction management experience required
Healthcare experience preferred
Certified Construction Manager or Project Management Professional preferred
Bacheloras Degree in Facility Management, Construction, Project Management, or related field preferred
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world. Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, accredited by the Joint Commission. Our 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports. Vail Health provides a wide array of services and access points including Beaver Creek Medical Center, urgent care clinics in Avon and Gypsum, our Edwards medical campus, Eagle Healthcare Center and a multispecialty clinic in Frisco. Howard Head Sports Medicine offers physical therapy services at 10 locations and works closely with our internationally renowned orthopaedic partners at The Steadman Clinic and Vail-Summit Orthopaedics. In addition, Vail Health's Shaw Cancer Center and Sonnenalp Breast Center are the region’s only fully accredited cancer treatment center and comprehensive breast center. The Vail Clinic, which was founded in 1965, officially became “Vail Valley Medical Center” in 1980, its first year as a full-service hospital. At that time, we had one primary locatio...n and 25 physicians. Today, Vail Health has locations in nine towns, nearly 1,000 employees, 260 physician partners and 85 volunteers. Vail Health is an equal-opportunity employer. The hospital is handicap accessible and adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act. Smoking is prohibited in our facilities. This includes e-cigarettes.