As part of our Transmission & Substation Engineering department, you will provide engineering project management services to Wabash Valley Power and our members by
Participating in the prioritization and planning of emergent projects
Leading all matters associated with execution of current projects, including:
Budgeting and cost management
Directing and adhering to project schedules
Managing and minimizing project risk
Internal and external project stakeholder management
You love to exceed expectations, apply systems thinking to generate solutions and promptly respond to members' requests. You love working with people both colleagues and members in a member-focused cooperative environment. You take a diagnostic approach to understanding the needs of the situation and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited institution or considerable relevant experience in utility engineering project management
3-10 years of experience in managing engineering projects with background experience in transmission and/or substation engineering or other closely related discipline
Knowledge of Project Management Institute (PMI) based competency areas and methodologies
Preferred candidates will have:
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
• No Sweat - We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll cr...edit for medical insurance, an on-site fitness center for your convenience and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a fitness device reimbursement to keep you on track!
• Flex Time - Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
• Stay in School - We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
• Keep it Casual - When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
• Work Hard, Play Hard - We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.