Reporting to the Director of Tribal Planning & Development, the Senior Project Manager, Planning & Development (P&D) manages multiple projects at one time in various phases of development and to meet or exceed established goals including project delivery, scheduling, budgeting, profitability, subcontractor relations, document management, change management, forecasting/risk analysis, cost and schedule integration and reporting. This role collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribe’s vision, mission, and values. This role also assists the Director of Tribal Planning and Development in the planning and direction of the day-to-day operations and long-term strategic direction of construction projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manages projects from start to finish maintaining high qualitative and quantitative standards of work performance and possesses the ability to convey these expectations to others, hold themselves and others accountable for meeting these standards. Provides oversight management of the progress of the activities on a regular basis and holds status meetings with all sub-teams. Provides all necessary documentation and reports to Director and Executive management team.
2. Plans, organizes, and directs project activities, including the daily monitoring of job site progression, ensuring that all phases of construction projects are completed within specifications and on time with minimal disruption to the Reservation or casino. Directs project start-up and close out meetings. Performs key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
3. Communicates effectively with parties responsible for completing various phases of the project including architects, consultants, contractors, subcontractors, and laborers. Performs thorough periodic inspection of construction sites. Inspects and reviews projects to monitor compliance with building codes, company policies, safety standards, and quality standards. Investigates damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure proper procedures are being carried out and takes action to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
4. Identifies the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims. Writes Requests for Proposal and Requests for Quotes. Ensures effective contract administration including, review, management, and monitoring of prime contracts, subcontracts, change orders, and cost forecasts. Negotiates revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, suppliers, and subcontractors. Supervises vendors and ensures performance of their contracted duties and construction projects.
5. Assists in developing specifications for construction, repair, and modification projects for the purpose of providing them to architects, contractors, specialists, construction management firms, etc. for selection and awarding of contracts.
6. Reviews and approves project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking costs, and minimizing exposure and risk; prepares and submits budget estimates, progress reports and cost-tracking reports. Prepares written materials documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information. Reviews a variety of construction-related information ensuring completeness of records.
7. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of all project documentation submitted by third party vendors, consultants, contractors, or subcontractors, in addition to the setting up and maintaining of job files, generating contractual agreements/purchase orders, and changing orders with consultants, contractors and vendors.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Bachelor’s degree and/or license/registration in Architecture, Development, Engineering or Construction Management required.
A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive responsible experience on a construction management team supervising or managing high-impact construction project is required.
Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant, and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
Experience with over-all construction management on complex projects from preconstruction through final punch-list and delivery is required.
Must possess advanced level knowledge and application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering and construction principles, techniques, materials, applications, and practices thorough understanding of contracts, documents, drawings, and specifications.
Must be able to organize and administer construction projects with full scope capability for steps from preconstruction to final punch list.
Must have a proficient knowledge of MEP building systems.
Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
Must have current knowledge of local, state, and federal building and fire codes.
Business acumen to negotiate major contracts, including the ability to see the “big picture”.
Technical level experience with Microsoft Professional Office Tools such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Project Management software experience such as MS Project.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
Must maintain a strict level of confidentiality and act in a manner consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Must be personable and professional, capable of using caution and discretion in communication.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
San Manuel is one of several clans of Serrano Indians who are indigenous to the San Bernardino area, sharing a common culture and language. The San Manuel reservation was established in 1891 and recognized by the United States as a sovereign nation with the right of self-governance. San Manuel Band of Mission Indians owns and operates San Manuel Casino as well as other business ventures.
YOUR CAREER MATTERS
San Manuel believes that every person and every job matters. We are all essential members of the team and of our vision for the future, working together for the success of the tribe, ourselves and each other. We are performance-based, and we encourage team members to grow their careers at San Manuel.
Highland, California, is 80 miles east of Los Angeles, at the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains. The average annual temperature is 84 degrees. Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear Mountain and Palm Springs are a short drive away.