The Preconstruction Director supports and manages all new projects and works closely with the Company's Regional Construction and Development Team through the preconstruction process including proposals, budgeting, estimating, scheduling, value analysis and design management.
* Conducts research and development as it relates to new deal concepts, building systems, materials, product selection, costs and building codes.
* Participates in the design development of floor plans, building composites, building elevations, amenity structure, site planning, civil design and landscape/hardscape design.
* Prepares conceptual budgets for the Development Team to assist with the due diligence process and distributes bid packages, reviews and evaluates bids and proposals from suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors.
* Manages all budgets and estimates at various stages of each project and creates and maintains Master Budget Template, GMP Estimate Roll-Up, and cost guidance models for various key project inputs.
* Assists regional construction and development personnel in managing the preconstruction schedule within the overall project development timeline.
* Conducts project site visits to obtain feedback from the construction team regarding the quality and accuracy of the preconstruction estimate, subcontractor scopes, GMP pricing assumptions, allowances, as well as any lessons learned to help improve on future projects.
* Supports the Project Management team during the buyout phase of the project and helps ensure timely feedback is given to all subcontract bidders, not only the subcontractor awarded the project.
* Manages subcontractor database and relationships and networks with the subcontractor community in order to develop new relationships as well as maintain existing relationships.
* Communicates with key business leaders to provide updates on the status of projects, provide feedback and addresses concerns, and plan specific actions as needed to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of the projects.
* Adeptly manages any direct reports on the regional preconstruction team, if applicable, including daily management, training, and professional development. Direct reports may include Preconstruction Manager and Preconstruction Associate.
* Actively collaborates with other Regional Preconstruction teams as much as is practical to help facilitate effective communication and elevate the broader team's efficiency and performance. At times, assists and supports other Regional Preconstruction teams with estimates in other regions to increase bandwidth and leverage Greystar national preconstruction resources.
* Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to develop, comprehend, and complete legal, financial, construction-related, and human resources documents and to provide updates and reports to owners and key business leaders.
* Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents. Experience in Timberline, On-Screen Takeoff, scheduling and other Company software applications related to budgeting and overall project management.
* Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
* Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor subordinate and peer employee staff.
* Solid knowledge and understanding of the development and new construction business, with a concentration in Multi-Family construction, from both a technical standpoint, and from a project management standpoint.
* Conceptual ability to work with minimum information and quickly develop an understanding of the owner/architect requirements with a demonstrated imaginative, innovative and succinct approach to a project.
* Four-year degree in engineering, construction management, building construction, or related field and/or equivalent experience is preferred with a minimum of 6 to 10 years of estimating and preconstruction experience.
* Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) is preferred.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.