Are you ready to join an organization where we focus on People First, have fun at work and make a difference in what we do?
Dairyland is proud of our People First culture centered around appreciation, celebrating wins and collaboration. We’ve worked hard to ensure alignment between our culture and our processes and systems, learning and development and rewards and recognition programs.
As a team, we work together to leverage the team’s diverse perspectives, ideas and experiences to deliver nothing less than the best. We are collaborative, transparent and committed to our People and their work experience, growth and professional development.
PROJECT ENGINEER I
The Project Engineer I is responsible to perform engineering tasks involving the repair, overhaul, upgrade, backfits, or modifications of structures, equipment, components, and systems of power transmission, distribution, and generation. Participate in planning, design, construction, testing, and commissioning of new equipment and facilities.
The Impact You'll Make In This Role:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensure a safety-first perspective in all work performed. Requires familiarity and compliance with all applicable DPC safety rules and practices.
2. Assist senior engineering personnel in conducting feasibility and planning surveys, studies and investigations to evaluate the feasibility of engineered and special projects.
3. Assist in performing engineering design calculations and preparing design sketches, economic evaluations, project descriptions, project justifications and related memorandums for planning, developing and implementing engineered and special projects.
4. Assist in the performance of engineering design review of project plans and specifications, including building schedules, preparing cost estimates, and writing reports. Participate in the administrative review of proposed and final contract documents.
5. Review and evaluate proposals from Architect Engineers (A/Es), consultants, contractors, and suppliers for a variety of assigned projects.
6. Assist in directing the activities of A/Es, consultants, contractors and DPC personnel to ensure the successful completion of assigned projects.
7. Compile and maintain timely, accurate and detailed notes, emails, drawings and specification lists, and other suitable records for engineered and special projects. Assist in the administrative control of project records, drawings, photos, and other suitable documentation.
8. Perform on-site inspections of ongoing engineering and special projects. Monitor work quality and progress on project schedules.
9. Participate as a team member on multi-department projects or committees.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Experience and Expertise:
Education & Experience: B.S. Degree in engineering or physical sciences. Preference given for evidence of satisfactorily completing courses in business administration economics, contract administration, project planning and construction management.
Skills: Literacy in computer use including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, CAD. Ability to lead and communicate with cross-functioning teams through verbal and written means. Math skills commensurate with an engineering position. Attention to detail.
Licenses and Certifications: Engineer-in-Training certification preferred. Project Management certification preferred.
Physical Demands: Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, respirators, fall protection, etc. Sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, lift (up to 50 lbs.), push/pull, crawl, twist upper body, climb hand-over-hand, bend and reach. Operate/manipulate computer, testing equipment, and hand tools.
Environmental Demands: Most work is in a climate-controlled office environment but at times may be in/around extreme heat, noise, confined spaces and mechanical hazards. Occasionally works in extreme cold, at heights, around explosive, electrical, fume/odor, dust, radiation, radioactive contamination, and chemical hazards. May work alongside or near heavy construction equipment, high speed rotating machinery, high voltage, high amperage electrical equipment and high pressure/temperature equipment systems and components.
We are committed to providing our greatest asset, our People, with as many perks and benefits as possible. Some benefits of working with us include:
- Health & disability benefits (medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability) - Life insurance - Generous 401(k) and Pension Plans - Paid Time Off - Robust Wellness Program - New Flexible Work Program - Tuition Reimbursement - So much more!
Dairyland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, contact our HR Department at 608-788-4000.
Dairyland is proud of its history as a pioneer in rural electrification. The generation and transmission cooperative formed in 1941, bringing light and power to the homes and farms in “America’s Dairyland.” Specifically serving rural communities and countryside, Dairyland continues to ease work conditions and improve quality of life for residents by delivering a safe, reliable supply of energy in its four-state service territory.