New Haven, Connecticut
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or closely related field.
- Minimum of (7) seven years' progressively responsible related experience in construction management.
- Ability to manage, schedule and coordinate different trades.
- Experience meeting with clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies. A proven ability to effectively manage contractor construction performance in an ethical and fair manner.
- Ability to communicate among different groups (scientific, contractor, union, engineers) in an effective and concise manner.
- Knowledgeable of the application of International Building Codes (IBC), National Electrical Code (NEC), and International Existing Building Codes (IEBC).
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of management and staff.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master's degree in engineering, construction management or related discipline
- Professional Engineer license
Environmental, Health & Safety Requirements:
- Able to perform work outdoors (for estimates, inspections) in all weather conditions
- Able to climb ladders and be at heights of up to 20+ feet
- Able to work in controlled radiation areas
- Able to wear required Construction PPE
- Valid driver's license
- Visa sponsorship wil not be offered for this position
- This is an on-site position eligible for consideration of flexible work arrangement (hybrid telework) at the discretion of the department manager
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Swimming Pool, Weight Room, Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits