Project Design Manager
Job Description Summary
The Senior Project Designer will be responsible for helping support tthe client's Design Leader.
* Provide support to new construction, reinvestments, rollouts, and the day-to-day needs of our business
* Develop strategies for assigned categories to support client's ongoing innovation of our restaurant designs while ensuring value, product availability, and quality
* Provide a deep understanding of the total cost of ownership of building materials/assets and will maintain awareness of internal customer needs and supplier capabilities
* Serve as a liaison from Design to Development & Construction, and existing Restaurants (Strategic Reinvestment & FEQ) as it relates to building materials negotiated and sourced by client
* Develop effective relationships with key internal customers to both identify their needs and increase their understanding of sourcing enhancement opportunities
* Review drawing updates to identify new or changing material needs
* Lead cross-functional teams through strategic sourcing process including clear requirement and service level definitions, contract negotiations, supplier selection and management of the commercial aspects of the supplier relationships
* Understand industry best practices and respond to changes in the internal and external business environment to secure the best value from the supply base
* Apply knowledge of contractual terms and conditions to ensure appropriate risk mitigation is addressed in master contracts
* Document program terms and communicates requirements to construction teams and supply partners
* Forecast building construction material requirements to the supplier base
* Coordinate and deliver supplier performance appraisals
* Track and report program improvements and financial benefits
* Travel within the designated region as required to build relationships and be connected to the work
* Provide clear direction, leadership, and support to a team of design professionals
* Ability to plan and meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously
* Bachelor's Degree in Architecture/ Engineering/Interior Design and/or Construction Management.
* 5 years' experience in design, construction and project management in the restaurant industry
* Strong knowledge of architecture design and operations, construction principles and understanding of generally applicable laws and regulations with respect to restaurants and public use buildings
* Strong presentation and organizational skills
* Multi-discipline design team management experience
* Reasonable computer application skills in AutoCAD, Revit, Office, Outlook, etc.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to convey design concepts and goals
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.