Managing Director, Facilities Critical Solutions
Job Description Summary
The Managing Director will manage and direct activities for a business unit within Global Occupier Services (GOS) focused on delivery of critical facility management and asset management to several key clients. This is a unique role that will require account management, business management (including P&L, risk management, and contract adherence), large team management, along with the need to ensure that client needs are being managed properly in the critical environments space.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead coordination, delivery and quality assurance for a critical environments service delivery group within C&W.
* Assure service delivery to clients is being executed at a level that meets C&W standards as well as client contracted levels.
* Maintain a strong connection between business line and the rest of C&W to ensure best practice sharing, integration, and evolution of our overall service offering.
* Overall responsibility for the business unit P&L that includes budgeting, monthly financial performance reviews, reforecasting, and variance reporting. This will be done in tandem with a dedicated Finance team.
* Develop financial plans and specific goals for cost control/reduction and ensure that these goals are met or exceeded
* Complete understanding of contract obligations by initiating audit & control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are satisfied
* Ensure customer focus within all areas of operational activities and maintenance of effective relationships with key client contacts
* Provide leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward
* Support effective business communications by providing advice and leadership while making a direct contribution during team meetings, client briefings and monthly reporting
* Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across the portfolio to balance coverage and performance needs with the delivery of service excellence
* Ensure portfolio is staffed by appropriately skilled personnel and teams, taking direct responsibility for the appointment of qualified personnel and an effective succession plan
* Lead and support the organization to develop a proactive approach to:
o Drive continuous improvement philosophy and culture throughout the organization
o Monitor sub-contractors performance and manage key contract relationships
o Ensure SLA's & KPI's are achieved and aligned with contractual agreements
o Identify and recommend remedial actions and process changes
o Ensure all required policies and procedures are adopted and used on site
o Ensure all works are competently completed
o Comply with legislative, environmental, health and safety requirements
o Minimize commercial risk to the business
* Develop and successfully implement an overall account plan designed to enhance the value of the client's portfolio to operate each property at peak efficiency without sacrificing quality, provide superior and responsive tenant and/or occupant services and ensure compliance with all applicable life safety and crisis management rules and regulations
* Manage the client's assets in the most profitable and/or cost-effective manner and consistent with the management contract and account plan for each property
* Develop and maintain technical proficiency, industry knowledge and communication skills to provide timely information on all property-specific issues as well as keeping the client informed of important developments and trends in the property and facility management industry
* Oversee and ensure the quality of all client reporting by standardizing systems and procedures that assure compliance with reporting standards
* Promote and adhere to all established policies and procedures relative to standard assignment deliverables, business conduct and integrity while ensuring on-going quality management of all C&W's products and services
* Ensure that all matters/issues pertaining to human resources, legal and risk management are coordinated and resolved at the C&W levels
* Develop, mentor and coach staff to achieve organizational sustainability and career growth
* Seize opportunities to expand C&W's commercial relationship through the delivery of value added services
1. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
2. Technical Proficiency
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
4. Customer Focus
5. Financial Management
7. Relationship Management
8. Team Orientation
9. Vendor Management
* Bachelors degree in Facilities Management, Corporate Real Estate, Project Management, or Business Administration required
* Masters degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
* 10+ years of experience in facility management/critical environments with a significant amount of time in a leadership position.
* Broad business acumen background with 10+ years of relevant experience as critical infrastructure manager with expertise in all facets of facility/property operation and management, people management, vendor management, and capital planning.
* Project/construction management experience desired
* Experience with human resource and performance management processes
* Experience with critical system environments
* CMMS/Work Order Management experience preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
* In-depth understanding of the client's objectives as well as a broad knowledge of the real estate life cycle
* Certified Facility Manager (CFM), Facilities Management Association (FMA), Certified Property Manager (CPM), Real Property Administrator (RPA), Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP) designation preferred
* Strong discipline of financial management including financial tracking, budgeting and forecasting
* Knowledge of Financial Systems
* Proficient in understanding management agreements and contract language
* Ability to develop and maintain a client focused, partnering and consultative approach
* Proficient in anticipating client needs, thinking strategically, solutions focused and be both proactive and reactive as the situation and circumstances dictate
* Ability to identify service delivery and portfolio management improvement opportunities and keen on developing recommendations that highlight the value added benefit of the outsourcing partnership
* Ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints
* Skilled in Building Management Systems maintenance and monitoring
* Excellent computer and systems knowledge; Strong literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.