Responsible for transporting goods from one place to another using the company tractor-trailer and/or other company vehicles. Facilitates the flow of materials to and from the various departments/plants as required.
· Transporting of goods from place to place with company vehicle(s).
· Ensures all pertinent paperwork is correct and complete.
· Ensures all loads are secure and safe for transport.
· Inspects vehicles and trailer before and after every trip and report defects immediately upon identification.
· Assists in the loading and unloading of materials, products, and equipment.
· Delivers goods to the proper location as directed by Production Control or other management personnel.
· Reports abnormal conditions of equipment to a Supervisor or the Plant Manager.
· Responsible for identifying the need for routine maintenance to the Maintenance Supervisor or Plant Manager.
· Follows all applicable traffic laws.
· Works in a safe and secure manner and complies with all safety rules and procedures.
· Fills vehicles up on fuel and cleans truck & associated equipment.
· Reports any incidents encountered on the road.
· Monitors road conditions.
· Operate jib cranes, forklifts, and other mobile equipment (except heavy cranes) for the moving of material, components, and equipment from location to location within the plant. Occasionally operate overhead cranes and tow motors in support of small moves to continue production within the departments.
· Perform general laborer duties as required (i.e. grinding, loading and unloading of trucks and railcars, bricking furnace).
· Keep working area clean and perform housekeeping duties around the plant as required (i.e. pickup tools, roll-up hoses and cables, sweep).
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
· KS Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A required
About Taylor Forge Engineered Systems / Manufacturing
Taylor Forge Engineered Systems has been in business for over 120 years suppling quality products all over the world. We deliver solutions that fuel the world, defend our country, and explore the universe.